Monday, November 4, 2013

Dona Nobis Pacem





I was about the age of my grandsons when I first started thinking about Peace. I grew up in the days of the cold war, when bomb shelters were discussed as a reasonable additions to the back yard. A time when the nuclear missiles lighting up the sky was a very real possibility. 

As much as I dreamed and wished for world Peace, we all know it didn't happen. There is a formula for Peace. It lies within each of us. All we have to do search it out and bring it to light. 

                       Dona Nobis Pacem ~ Grant Us Peace 
 Jo 

 

2 comments:

farmlady said...

I do remember the craziness in the 50's and it does seem like nothing has changed... but... I think that, now, we think about peace more and some folks actually honor it in their own way.
"We can do no great things .. only small things with great love."
~Mother Teresa~

Unknown said...

Hi Jo. So glad to see you posting. Yes, the "cold" war. That was the period of time that I served in our Military. It seemed all countries were so busy observing what other countries were doing then. And then the Cuban situation. I was there then also - twice. I can't help but wonder 'where does one go to find a peaceful place to live', and what will my descendants have to face.

Jo, I no longer have blog. I decided that since I wasn't posting anymore, that I might as well delete it. However, Google has continued to allow me access to all my friends blogs (such as yours) and let me comment.

Hope all is well within your grasp.
Lee