Sunday, November 4, 2012

"Dona Nobis Pacem"


Prayer of Saint Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.

O, Divine Master, 
grant that I may not seek 
to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
it is in dying that we are born again
to eternal life.

May you be blessed with Peace and Love....
~Jo


3 comments:

farmlady said...

Thank you, sweetie. This is beautiful. The coyotes just started to sing their night songs in the hills above us... and then I read your blogpost.
How perfect... thank you.

Annelisa said...

I especially love the second verse, about giving rather than looking to receive...I think we seek all the things we should also be giving, the things others are also seeking. If we give others what they are looking for, I think maybe we'd gain something more than we give...

Peace to you and yours!

(A link to your post will be on "Peace Bloggers Unite" later)



Carole Burant said...

Such a beautiful prayer, thank you so much for posting it!! xoxo